Finding the right putter length can be a challenge for both new and experienced golfers. The size of your putter is important because it affects how accurately you hit your shots, so asking yourself “how long of a putter should I use?” is an essential part of improving as a golfer.
In this blog post, we’ll look at the basics behind finding the right size putter, including what to consider when choosing one and common mistakes to avoid. We’ll also provide some tips on selecting a model that works best for you – so if you’ve ever asked yourself “long of a putter should I use?” then read on.
Table of Contents:
- Putter Length Basics
- Factors to Consider
- Different Types of Putters
- How to Choose the Right Putter Length
- Benefits of Using the Right Putter Length
- Common Mistakes When Choosing Putter Lengths
- Tips for Finding the Right Putter Length for You
- FAQs in Relation to How Long of a Putter Should I Use
Putter Length Basics
When it comes to golf, the putter is one of the most important clubs in your bag. Choosing the right length putter can make a big difference in your game and help you improve your accuracy and consistency. Here are some factors to consider when selecting a putter:
Factors to Consider
- The first factor to consider when choosing a putter is size. Putters come in different sizes, from short-length models designed for children or those with shorter arms, all the way up to longer lengths for taller players or those who prefer more reach on their shots. It’s important that you select a size that fits your body type and arm length so that you can have maximum control over each shot.
- Another factor to consider is weight distribution. Heavier heads provide more stability while lighter heads allow for greater feel and touch around the green. Depending on how much power you generate with your swing, heavier or lighter heads may be better suited for you as they will affect both distance control and accuracy off the tee box as well as around greenside bunkers and hazards.
Different Types of Putters
There are several types of putters available today including;
- blade-style (or traditional) models which feature a single piece of metal;
- mallet-style models which offer more forgiveness due to their larger putter head design;
- center shafted designs which provide improved alignment;
- belly/long putters which extend beyond chest height allowing players greater leverage during putting strokes;
- Counterbalanced designs featuring additional weighting at either end of the clubhead;
- face balanced models offering enhanced accuracy by reducing skidding upon impact with ball;
- heel-toe weighted versions providing increased resistance against twisting during contact with ball;
- high MOI (moment of inertia) versions promoting less spin-off clubface thus increasing roll out after impact with ball; and adjustable options enabling users to adjust lie angle depending on playing conditions or personal preference.
When it comes to putter length, there are a few basic factors that you should consider before making your purchase. However, the best way to find the right putter length for you is by understanding how your height and arm length affect your swing style and technique as well as your putting stroke preference.
How to Choose the Right Putter Length
Choosing the proper putter length is an important factor in improving your golf game. So you may be asking “does the putter length matter a lot in your game”? Yes, it does. The wrong length can lead to inaccurate shots and poor performance on the course. Here are some factors to consider when selecting a putter that’s just right for you:
Height and Arm Length:
Your height and arm length plays a major role in determining the correct putter length for you. Generally, taller players should opt for longer clubs while shorter players should go with shorter ones. It’s also important to take into account your arm span as well; if it’s greater than average, then you may need a longer club than usual.
Swing Style and Technique:
Your swing style will also affect which type of putter works best for you. If you have an aggressive swing or use more of an arc motion, then a slightly longer club might be better suited for your needs. On the other hand, if you prefer using a straight back-and-through technique, then going with something shorter could give you more control over your shot accuracy.
Putting Stroke and Preference:
Lastly, think about how comfortable it feels when putting with different lengths of golf clubs before making any decisions. Some people find that they have better control over their stroke when using one size versus another—it all comes down to personal preference at this point.
Experimenting with different sizes until finding what works best is key here so don’t be afraid to try out several options before settling on one particular model or brand of putters.
By taking these factors into consideration when choosing the proper putter length, golfers can improve their accuracy on the green as well as increase comfort levels during each round played; ultimately leading to improved scores overall.
Putter Length Fitting Chart
The length of a putter is an important factor in finding the right fit for your putting stroke. Here are some general putter length guidelines based on your height:
- Under 5′ – 32 inches or less
- 5’0″ to 5’2″ –- 32.5 inches
- 5’2″ to 5’4″ –- 33 inches
- 5’4″ to 5’6″ –- 33.5 inches
- 5’6″ to 5’8″ –- 34 inches
- 5’8″ to 6’0″ –- 34.5 inches
- 6’0″ to 6’2″ –- 35 inches
- 6’2″ to 6’4″ –- 35.5 inches
- Over 6’4″ –- 36 inches
Choosing the optimal putter length is essential for improving your golf game. By considering your height, arm length, swing style and technique, putting stroke and preference you can find a putter that fits you perfectly. Now let’s look at some of the benefits of using the right putter length.
Benefits of Using the Right Putter Length
The proper length of your putter is determined by factors such as height, arm length, swing style and technique, putting stroke, and preference. So if you find the perfect one then you don’t have to spend extra money for putter fitting season with professionals. Here are some of the benefits you can expect from using the right putter length:
Improved Accuracy and Distance Control:
When you use a properly sized putter for your body type, it helps to ensure that you’re making consistent contact with the golf ball every time. This will result in more accurate shots with better distance control. It also helps reduce fatigue since you won’t have to strain or reach too far forward when taking a shot.
Better Balance and Stability:
Having the correct size putter allows for improved balance while swinging which leads to greater stability throughout your stroke. With improved balance comes increased power behind each shot as well as more consistent results on every hit.
Increased Comfort and Confidence:
Using an appropriately sized club will give you confidence knowing that all of your shots should be good ones if executed correctly. You won’t have to worry about feeling uncomfortable or awkward while swinging because everything should feel natural when holding a properly fitted club in hand. Plus, having confidence in yourself is always beneficial.
Using the right putter length can have a major impact on your golf game. It can help you improve accuracy, distance control, balance and stability, as well as increase comfort and confidence. To avoid making common mistakes when choosing a putter length, continue reading to learn more about what to consider before purchasing one.
Common Mistakes When Choosing Putter Lengths
When it comes to choosing the right putter length, there are some common mistakes that golfers make.
- Not considering your height or arm length is one of the most frequent errors when selecting a putter. Your height and arm length can affect how you hold the club and your overall swing mechanics, so it’s important to take these factors into account when picking out a new putter. If you’re too tall for a certain model, then it may be difficult to get comfortable with your stance and grip which could lead to poor performance on the course.
- Not testing out different putters before buying one. It’s important to try out several models in order to find one that fits best with your style of play and technique. Different lengths will feel different in terms of balance and stability while swinging, so test them all until you find something that works well for you.
- Another common mistake made by golfers is choosing too long or too short of a putter for their game. Too long of a shaft can cause an awkward stance which can lead to inaccurate shots while too short of a shaft won’t provide enough leverage during swings resulting in weak contact with the golf ball off the tee box or green surface. The ideal length should allow for good posture throughout each stroke without having any negative effects on the accuracy or distance control during playtime rounds on the course.
It’s important to be aware of the common mistakes when choosing putter length, such as not considering your height or arm length and not testing out different putters before buying. Now that you know what to look out for, let’s explore some tips for finding the right putter length for you.
Tips for Finding the Right Putter Length for You
When it comes to finding the right putter length for you, there are a few tips that can help. First, try out different-sized putters at the range. This will give you an idea of what size feels most comfortable and natural in your hands. You should also ask an experienced golfer for advice on which size is best suited for your height and arm length.
Try Out Different Sized Putters at the Range
Trying out different-sized putters at the range is one of the best ways to find out which length works best for you. Take some time to experiment with various sizes and weights until you find something that feels comfortable in your hands when making a stroke or putting motion.
It’s important to remember that each person has unique preferences when it comes to feel and balance so doesn’t be afraid to try several options before settling on one particular style or brand of the putter.
Ask an Experienced Golfer for Advice
Asking an experienced golfer about what type of putter might work best for you is another great way to narrow down your choices quickly and easily without having to test every single option available on the market today. Experienced golfers often have insight into how certain styles perform better than others depending on body type, swing style, etc., so take advantage of their knowledge if possible.
Have Your Local Pro Shop Measure You
Finally, having your local pro shop measure putter length for you is essential if you want a truly custom fit that takes into account all aspects of your game such as height, arm length, swing technique, etc. The professionals at these shops are trained specifically in helping customers select clubs tailored perfectly towards them so don’t hesitate to ask them questions about what kind of club might work best given all factors involved.
FAQs in Relation to How Long of a Putter Should I Use
Is 35-inch putter too long?
The length of a putter is an important factor to consider when selecting the right club for your game. Generally, a 35-inch putter may be too long for most golfers as a longer putter can make it difficult to maintain good posture and balance during the stroke. For shorter players, a 33-34 inch putter might be more suitable as it will allow them to keep their arms in a comfortable position while putting. 34 and 35 is standard putter length for men.
However, taller players may find that they are able to control the club better with a longer shaft. Ultimately, choosing the correct putter length depends on individual preference and body type so it’s best to try out different lengths before making your final decision.
Is 32-inch putter too short?
The length of a putter is determined by the golfer’s height and arm length. Generally, for an average-sized adult male, a 32 inch putter may be too short. For someone who is shorter or has shorter arms, however, it could be just right.
It’s important to try out different lengths to find what works best for you as an individual. A golf pro can help you determine the correct size and make sure your stance and posture are correct when putting with any club.
How long should my putter be if I’m 5′ 8”?
The length of your putter should be determined by the height of your arms when standing in a relaxed posture. Generally, for someone who is 5’8″, a 34-35 inch putter is recommended. This allows you to stand comfortably with the club head resting on the ground and your arms hanging naturally at your sides.
The shaft should also fit comfortably in both hands, allowing for an even grip pressure throughout the stroke. Lastly, make sure that you can reach out and touch the golf ball without having to bend over too much or strain yourself during setup. With these guidelines in mind, you’ll be able to find a putter that fits perfectly.
How do I know if my putter is too short?
The best way to determine if your putter is too short is by measuring the length of the shaft. The ideal length for a putter should be between 33 and 35 inches, depending on your height and arm length. If the shaft measures shorter than 33 inches, it may be too short for you.
Additionally, when gripping the club in your normal stance, make sure that there is no strain or discomfort in your wrists or arms; this could indicate that the putter is too short. Lastly, ensure that when addressing the ball with a proper posture and grip, you can reach down to ground level without having to bend over excessively; this would also suggest that the putter may be too short for you.
Can I extend a putter length?
Yes, you can add a putter extension if you have a shorter putter. But the rules of golf state that the length of a putter cannot exceed 48 inches (121.92 cm). If your putter is already at or below this limit, you cannot extend it any further. However, if your putter is shorter than 48 inches, you may be able to extend it.
The correct length will depend on your height and stance, as well as the type of putting stroke you use. When it comes to deciding how long of a putter should i use, make sure to take into account all these factors before making a purchase. With some practice and experimentation, you’ll be able to find the perfect fit for your game.
Are you wondering what length of putter is best for your game? Look no further than GolfingEagle.com! We provide detailed reviews and advice on all the latest golf equipment, including putters. Our expert team can help you find the perfect size that will maximize accuracy and consistency in your putting stroke. Get ready to take your game to the next level with GolfingEagle’s top-notch resources!